Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day Thirteen

I got up early and went for a run in town, then Dan and I packed up and went for breakfast at a little place up the street. I had huevos rancheros and Dan had scrambled eggs and chorizo. I think it was the first heavy breakfast we've had on this trip.

Then, since it seemed we had time to spare, we drove an hour to Santa Rosa to check out their car museum.



























Then we took some pictures of the ghost town of Cuervo.




















After that, the day was pretty much road trip east toward home.











We had lunch at the Midpoint Cafe, which is the exact mid point along historic Route 66.










And at a rest stop in the Panhandle, Audrey enjoyed the landscaping...










...and played on the playground.












Until I realized that not only were no pets allowed on the playground, but there were also snakes!









Needless to say, I bundled Audrey back into the car and made her behave for the rest of our trip.

We had planned to stay the night in Fort Worth or Dallas, but were so worn out by the time we hit Wichita Falls that we found a Holiday Inn and called it a night. To keep her out of trouble, I told Audrey to watch TV.











We'll be home tomorrow. I talked to the housesitter tonight, and he says Cadbury misses me.

5 comments:

RG said...

6 days on the road and BL and I are ready for 2 cars going different directions! Once she made me stop in the middle of the mountains of East Oregon about mid-night (we were headed east and could not find a place to spend the night) and said she was not going any further.

Audrey is so well traveled and vacationed and photoed.

Lorna said...

Who is Audrey's little pink friend? :)

Hef's Mom said...

I think you made the right decision being mad at Dan, I would have been mad at Hef's dad too!
Snakes! YIKES! I'd be out of there fast too!

Glenna said...

I was so mad at my ex on one trip in the truck (togetherness, 24/7--NOT a good thing). We had been arguing and he was standing there next to the truck saying something obnoxious. My door was open, and it was a cabover truck, meaning I was sitting up above him, so I took a big bowl of water that our dog had been drinking from and poured it all over the hubby's head. One of the more satisfying moments of my life.

And the picture of Audrey with the eagle made me laugh out loud!

Anonymous said...

Audrey fits pretty well in the little red car.