Monday, June 07, 2010

Day Ten

I got up early and went for a run around town, then got Dan and we went for coffee at a cute little coffee cart near the hotel. It took a little while, but once we were ready to get out and about, we went to a strange little place up the road where the coffee was strong, the waffles were made-to-order, and the owner was a former roadie. My ex-roadie husband had plenty to talk about with that guy!

We stopped at a ranger station on the way back to our room, fueling my optimism that Dan would want to do a little hiking, but instead he lay down for a nap, since he hadn't slept well the night before. Left to our own devices, Audrey and I went out for a bit of fun.






































When we got back, Dan was ready to go horseback riding.










Audrey was content to stay at the hotel, so Dan and I went for a little ride through the mountains.

By the end of our ride, it was starting to be pretty warm out, so Dan and I used the time to do our laundry and wash up. Then Dan went for a massage and we went out for Italian food afterwards, since our favorite restaurant in Pagosa Springs has gone out of business.

Tomorrow we're heading east, making our way over the next few days back to Houston. It's awfully pretty here and I wish I could bring a mountain or two back home with me.

4 comments:

Hef's Mom said...

oooh horseback riding sounds lovely, i haven't gone for a ride in so long.

Thomma Lyn said...

Sounds like a good day! And yes, mountains... I love 'em. :)

RG said...

Well it's a great trip description and plenty of fun and nice pictures but gosh darn it, I want to see a picture of the feed store that Earl and CW McCall crashed the chicken truck into in downtown Pagosa Springs ...

Anonymous said...

Wait. Back up. Just how big is that chess set? I want to play with it!